At a Glance
- LinMin Snapshot Manager™ is an IT app that provisions, clones, rolls back and discovers your physical machines (x86-64 servers, blades, laptops…) from bare metal just as you do with virtual machines
- LSM™ combines bare metal disk imaging, user scripting and machine-resident LSM RAM Agent™ technology to provide a reliable, network-based framework for bare metal deployments, back ups and cloning of machines and groups of machines
- Hardware vendor and OS neutral: use any x86-64 hardware and operating system, then have LSM deploy, update, back up, clone and analyze all your servers, blades, VMs, desktops, notebooks, devices...
- LSM comes packaged with all required OS and network services, ready to drop into your network! LSM runs on proven Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and CentOS 7, and supports your Windows, Linux and other OSs on your existing x86-64 hardware
- Integration: LSM is extensible with user scripting and integrateable using the RESTful API (Q2 2019) to interface with your existing tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, OpenStack, OpenManage™...)
- LSM is easily private-labeled for OEM partners to add LSM to their product line
Windows & Linux:
Recover & more...
- Supports x86-64 server, desktop & cloud operating systems: Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, SLES, Debian, Oracle, Fedora, etc.), Windows (Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 & 2008, Windows 10, 7 & XP), and more...
- Golden Image: capture the snapshot of a fully-working machine with Windows or Linux and app stack installed, configured and proven
- Cloning: deploy a golden image to a machine or group of machines, then use scripts to personalize each one
- Roll Back: restore machines back in time to a previously-deployed operating system, app stack and configuration
- Scripting: integrate your existing Windows & Linux and other scripts into LSM payloads to fully customize your machines before, during, after or even without capturing or deploying disk image snapshots
- LSM RAM Agent™ technology reliably manages complex, multi-stage payloads in a single stream. For example, capturing an installed OS, then deploying another OS and running configuration scripts are all part of an orchestrated sequence of events in one LSM payload
as if Virtual!
- Workload Switching: "Let's re-purpose these 10 systems for a few days, then roll them back when the new hardware arrives"
- Mass rollouts: "Please rack and cable that pallet of 100 new systems. Perform bare metal server provisioning on these 30 with Windows Server 2019 Data Center and those 70 with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Cloud Server. Fully configured. Today."
- Environment Rollback: "Something in our app stack broke in the last 2 days. Roll back these 8 configured servers to how they were last week, then roll forward and figure out what went wrong"
- System Discovery: "Tell me everything about the hardware and firmware of all of my systems"
- New system purchases: "Before we buy 1000 of this shiny new model, I want to be sure it can run any of my OSs and app stacks with good performance. My LSM payload strings all my sample workloads into a single sequence. Model ABC passed all my tests in a few hours, but model XYZ failed test 6 and crawled running test 8. Without LSM, it would have taken me days or weeks to figure this out, and I could have easily missed something..."
LSM 2022 coming soon!
- LSM is a new product category from the bare metal provisioning experts
- LSM builds on 15 years of experiences with LinMin Bare Metal Provisioning (LBMP), first introduced in 2008
- LSM is simply a better approach to an old problem: deploying and recovering systems from bare metal
- LinMin is a proud sponsor of the open source Clonezilla Project and integrates Clonezilla in its enterprise-grade LSM
- Questions? Ask our technical experts and an engineer will get back to you promptly!
LSM may NOT be for you if:
- Your systems are mission critical and run 24x7x365 with no redundancy (bare metal technology requires the machine be offline for several minutes
- You don't use Intel x86-64-based systems
- Most of your systems are different from each other: LSM will still back up & restore your systems, but cloning will be limited
- You require that LSM be installed on Windows, not Red Hat or CentOS Linux